Looking for a career you will love built on teamwork?
We are constantly looking for partnerships and subcontractors who want to be part of a culture built on collaboration and teamwork. The MDC Group is a family first company that is committed to quality, innovation and creating a work/life balance centered around a learning culture.
We are focused on helping our clients and partners achieve both the short and long-term strategic goals of every project we commit to. Across the country, from field to the office, the MDC team has a place for people who share in our core values.
For current career opportunities email: email@example.com
Traveling Commercial Construction Superintendent Job Description
This key role for a traveling commercial construction superintendent will be responsible for the overall execution of the project schedule, using a set of proven procedures, while coordinating with various subcontractors.
Managing the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the project milestones and overall schedule completion date is met
- Coordination of Subcontractors to attend pre-construction, weekly-progress and other project meetings
- Creating and maintaining a culture that values safety, respect and cleanliness among trades
- Meeting with Project Manager and client representatives to discuss the status of projects
- Proactively identify and resolve problems and to assure that the Project Manager is kept knowledgeable about the status of the work
- Identifying issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions
- Populating daily reports, delivery schedule and other documentation as necessary
- Confirm the specifications and dimensions of construction is per print and scope
- Review quality of construction daily
- Meet with city officials for inspections to make sure construction meets construction document requirements
- Fill out and follow up with RFP in the field
- Managing changes in project scope to ensure to prevent avoidable rework
- Maintains communication with subcontractors, vendors and project team
- Managing the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion
- AS degree in Construction Management or similar or a Journeyman status in a building trade (i.e. Carpenter) AND no less than 5 years of progressive responsibility supervising commercial construction
- A demonstrated understanding of construction means and methods associated with the renovation and construction of commercial
- A working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work
- Effective communication both in the English written and spoken word
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, email and other software used in the industry
- Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 1, 1st Aid and CPR